This is a summary of my experience and education. Download a printable copy here.
Systems Engineer with strong skills in development, operations and lifecycle management.
Over five years of experience as a polyglot full-stack developer, follower of good principles like SOLID, DRY and TDD in my code and who has
introduced DevOps techniques such as continuous deployment in different projects .
Equally effective in a team environment or as a lone specialist.
- Infrastructure: Linux (debian-based), PostgreSQL, NGINX, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Operations/Management: Git, Docker (docker-compose), GitLab-CI, Ansible, Click
BairesDev, Bogotá,Colombia 11/17-Present
Full-stack developer with a primary focus in the backend for one of the clients, a marketing research company, using python mainly with Flask, SQLAlchemy and Celery. The infrastructure is primarily handled with Docker and Python libraries such as Click.
- Development of new features and bug fixing in the back-end, updating libraries, code refactoring and task supervision during pagerduty cycle.
- General maintenance of the frontend of a particular interface, written in the React ecosystem.
Senior Python Developer
Globant, Bogotá, Colombia 09/17 - 09/18
Backend development in python for general projects, primarily focused in projects for National Geographic, primarily in Django.
- In charge of implementing the security guidelines for the Your Shot project, including migration to HTTPS and implementation of better text parsing and restriction techniques.
- Member of the SWAT team, in charge of providing backend support for other teams.
Freelance Software Engineer
Bucaramanga, Colombia 01/16 - 08/17
Python Developer (remote, contractor)
Scopic - temporary engagement (06/17 - 08/17)
Software developer working primarily with Python and some operations work in one of the projects.
- Sole developer for a betting bot application using plain Python and different technologies such as Falcon for creating a RESTFul API and APScheduler for managing the queues with redis.
- Set up a simple development environment using Docker.
Software Developer and Operations Manager (remote, contractor)
Pensemos - continuous engagement (10/16 - 05/17)
Part of the programming team, sole responsible of set-up of the deployment pipelines and maintainer of the WEB client that handles the periodic timelines of one of the largest cooperative companies in the country.
- Key team-member in the development of the web application using the Python web framework Django.
- Wrote front-end components using VueJS, communicating with a REST API, also built in Django, for efficiency.
- Introduced a continuous deployment process for ease and speed-up of development and deployment using GitLab and Docker through docker-compose.
- Maintainer and responsible of bug-fixes and feature changes.
Software Engineering consultant (remote, contractor)
Pensemos - continuous engagement (01/16 - Present)
Sole responsible of maintenance, bug fixing and development of a note-taking and task management application called Agreele.
- PostgreSQL Database administration.
- Linux servers administration in Digital Ocean, provisioned with Bash and Docker.
- Fine-tuning of the provisioning process with Ansible planned.
Software Developer and Operations Manager
Pensemos, Bucaramanga, Colombia 12/14 - 12/15
Took full ownership of backend development, developed the alpha of the frontend client and maintained a note-taking and task management application called Agreele.
- Built the entire backend infrastructure as a REST API using the Python microframework Flask and the ORM SQLAlchemy.
- PostgreSQL Database administration.
- Configuration of the development and deployment infrastructure: Execution based on Docker containers provisioned using Git hooks with helper Bash scripts.
Eximo, Bogotá, Colombia 07/13 - 11/14
Full-Stack software developer with responsibilities in maintenance and new features as well as responsible of several proofs-of-concept for a software development company handling different applications for varied clients and an in-house interactive CMS.
- Purchase , setup and maintenance of a proof-of-concept virtualization server, based on virtualbox, for testing deployments in different browsers.
- Initial migration of the version control system from perforce to git.
Bucaramanga, Colombia, Systems and Information Engineering
April 2008 – April 2013
4.28 final GPA
Top bracket in every subject in 2012-2 Saber Pro test, outstanding student.